Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Exposition of Psalm 119 By Charles Bridges

Exposition of Psalm 119


By Charles Bridges


Table of Contents


    Preface - A considerable portion of the Sacred Volume (as the Book of Psalms and Canticles in the Old Testament, and a large part of the several Epistles in the ...read
    Verses 1 - 15 - Verse 1. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord. This most interesting and instructive Psalm, like the Psalter its ...read
    Verses 16 - 30 - Verse 16. I will delight myself in Your statutes: I will not forget Your word. As delight quickens to meditation, so does the practical habit of ...read
    Verses 31 - 45 - Verse 31. I have stuck to Your testimonies; O Lord, put me not to shame. We have just seen the choice of the man of God, and the rule by which he ...read
    Verses 45 - 60 - Verse 46. I will speak of Your testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed. "Liberty in walking" in the Lord's ways will naturally pro ...read
    Verses 61 - 75 - Verse 61. The bands of the wicked have robbed me; but I have not forgotten Your law. Are we not too apt to cull out the easy work of the Gospel, ...read
    Verses 76 - 90 - Verse 76. Let, I pray You, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort: according to Your word unto Your servant. What! does the Psalmist then seek ...read
    Verses 91 - 105 - Verse 91. They continue this day according to Your ordinances, for all are Your servants. The Christian extends his survey far beyond the limits ...read
    Verses 106 - 120 - Verse 106. I have sworn, and I will perform it, that I will keep Your righteous judgments. The blessing of the guidance of the Lord's word natura ...read
    Verses 121 - 135 - Verse 121. I have done judgment and justice: leave me not to my oppressors. Verse 122. Be surety for Your servant for good: let not the proud o ...read
    Verses 136 - 150 - Verse 136. Rivers of waters run down my eyes, because they keep not Your law. (Comp. Jer. 9:1; 14:17; Lam. 2:18) If the Lord teaches us the privi ...read
    Verses 151 - 165 - Verse 151. You are near, O Lord: and all Your commandments are truth. The imminent danger in which David was living quickened his cries to his Go ...read
    Verses 166 - 176 - Verse 166. Lord, I have hoped for Your salvation, and done Your commandments. The great peace connected with the love of God's law, is at once th ...read

No comments:

Post a Comment